Service Desk Engineer (2nd Line)
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our expanding team. Our team are constantly striving to make a difference, in delivering transformational IT services to UK businesses. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you can make a real difference, then we are sure you are going to love it here. Our head office based in Trafford Park, we pride ourselves in having an energetic, and fresh office culture. With BYBO (Book You Birthday Off), competitive annual leave and regular team nights out, among other benefits. We will not only invest in your development, but also provide a great, supportive environment for you to grow, develop, and fulfil your potential. We have a lot of talented and very skilled engineers in our Technical Support Team who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and growing the Team.
Reporting to the Support Lead, you will assist in providing second line technical support to our Managed Service customers. The successful candidate will be an experienced and accomplished 2nd Line Engineer, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You are tenacious with the ability to take ownership of tickets from the initial call through to resolution. You are personable with the ability to deliver outstanding service to our customers at all times. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to progress their career IT who genuinely loves what they do.
– To provide technical support and assistance for tickets raised into the CRM system
– Deal with communications from customers regarding Supported Technologies and Proactive Monitoring Alerts, and when appropriate create incidents, service requests, problem records and change requests.
– Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
– Prioritize and manage multiple tickets.
– Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
– Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or resolve problems
– Keep abreast of developments in IT in order to enhance existing services and future developments.
– ‘Hands-on’ problem-solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
– Provide on-site support for customers as and when required
– Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (XenApp/XenDesktop)
– Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2016) and Windows 7/8/10 plus core roles and features (file shares, print server, IIS, WDS, WSUS etc)
– Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS
Other qualities specific to this role include having a basic working knowledge of all areas and an in-depth knowledge of at least 50% of the following:
– VMware vSphere, MS Windows Server Hyper-V or Citrix Hypervisor (XenServer)
– Microsoft Azure
– Microsoft O365
– Lync \ Skype for Business
– Citrix (Presentation server, NetScaler, Web Interface, Citrix Secure Gateway).
– Core network services including DNS and DHCP
– Citrix Endpoint Management (XenMobile)
What you can expect from us in return
Holidays: 23 days’ holiday, rising to 28 days with length of service
Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
Private Health care: All staff are eligible for our health care plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
BYBO; Nobody should have to work their birthday so all staff get their birthday off, this is in addition to your 23 days annual leave
To apply please send your CV to Jo.Hutchison@cetus-solutions.com