3rd Line Workspace Engineer
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our expanding team. Our team are constantly striving to make a difference, in delivering transformational IT services to UK businesses. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you can make a real difference, then we are sure you are going to love it here. Our head office based in Trafford Park, we pride ourselves in having an energetic, and fresh office culture. With BYBO (Book You Birthday Off), competitive annual leave and regular team nights out, among other benefits. We will not only invest in your development, but also provide a great, supportive environment for you to grow, develop, and fulfil your potential. We have a lot of talented and very skilled engineers in our Technical Support Team who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and growing the Team
Reporting to the Support Lead, you will assist in providing third line technical support to our Managed Service customers. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working within the service desk at a high technical level, to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of incidents.
This is a technical ‘hands on’ challenging position that requires a multitude of skills. Your skills will be put to use in new service deployments, service improvements, troubleshooting and planning and implementing technical changes. This is an ideal opportunity for a skilled IT engineer who genuinely loves what they do.
- Taking ownership of incidents that cannot be solved immediately with the means of 2nd line support.
- Requesting external support, e.g. from software or hardware manufacturers, as necessary.
- Restoring a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
- Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket.
- Prioritise and managing multiple tickets.
- Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
- To work with technical colleagues in the MCS team deploying new technology and services for customers
- Liaise with Service Delivery Managers and third parties in order to resolve issues, plan and carry out changes to customer services and infrastructure
- Troubleshoot 4th line technical problems, identify and implement workable solutions, keeping key parties informed of progress and resolution
- Proactively identify re-occurring problems and suitable mechanisms for minimising these, documenting all configurations
- Ability to research ideas and concepts in order to source suitable technical solutions or to resolve complex problems.
- To keep abreast of developments in IT in order to enhance existing services and future developments.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2016) and Windows 7/8/10 plus core roles and features (file shares, print server, IIS, WDS, WSUS etc)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS
Other qualities specific to this role include having a basic working knowledge of all areas and an in-depth knowledge of at least 50% of the following:
- VMware vSphere, MS Windows Server Hyper-V or Citrix Hypervisor (XenServer)
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft O365
- Lync \ Skype for Business
- Citrix (Presentation server, NetScaler, Web Interface, Citrix Secure Gateway).
- Core network services including DNS and DHCP
- Citrix Endpoint Management (XenMobile)
What you can expect from us in return
- Holidays: 23 days’ holiday, rising to 28 days with length of service
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Private Health care: All staff are eligible for our health care plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- BYBO; Nobody should have to work their birthday so all staff get their birthday off, this is in addition to your 23 days annual leave