3rd Line Application Engineer
Here at Cetus, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our expanding team. Our team are constantly striving to make a difference – whatever the role – in delivering transformational IT services to UK businesses. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you can make a real difference, then we are sure you are going to love it here. With our head office based in the heart of Salford Quays, we pride ourselves in having an energetic, and fresh office culture. With BYBO (Book You Birthday Off), competitive annual leave and regular team nights out, among other benefits. We will not only invest in your development, but also provide a great, supportive environment for you to grow, develop, and fulfil your potential.We have a lot of talented and very skilled engineers in our Technical Support Team who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and growing the Team; we all strive to learn and provide excellent service.
Details of the role;
Based in Manchester, working in our Technical Support Team, providing remote support to our broad range of customers.
The role requires an individual who can deliver quick resolutions with quality customer care, has excellent communication skills via phone and email, can work well as part of a team, is able to multi-task yet show grace under pressure, is able to put the customer first, has a positive attitude towards work and colleagues and enjoys working with new and evolving technologies.
• Dealing with communications from Clients regarding Supported Technologies and Proactive Monitoring Alerts, then when appropriate creating incidents, service requests, problem records and change requests.
• Triaging escalated incidents by accurately assessing impact and investigating issues in a timely manner, whilst adhering to Response SLAs and KPIs.
• Owning and managing escalated tickets both procedurally and technically within Resolution SLAs and KPIs.
• Ensuring all information is clearly and accurately recorded on tickets.
• Escalating tickets to 3rd parties and vendors; then proactively chasing.
• Owning and managing changes to customer environments by creating Request for Changes, which include detailed and actuate information; then arranging implementation.
• Owning and managing own ticket queue.
• Be a champion of supported Application Technologies by having deep technical knowledge, also having the finger on the pulse of new up and upcoming functionally and security patches.
• Mentoring 2nd Line Engineers Technical Skill and Knowledge.
• First and foremost, you should have a good attitude; which would be a person who enjoys working with technology and is eager to learn and proactively pick up new knowledge and skills. We often find good candidates have their own lab at home etc.
• Concise communication skills and able to give excellent customer service to our customers, with a general ethos of putting the customer first.
• Good Multi-Tasker and shows grace under pressure.
• Has an effective approach to troubleshooting and is a natural problem solver.
• 3rd Line Application Engineer should ideally have technical ability in the following: –
*Note Tier 1 are the most desired technologies for the role, followed by Tier2 and 3*
– Tier 1 Technologies: Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x, Citrix NetScaler
– Tier 2 Technologies: Citrix XenApp 6.x, Citrix PVS, Citrix XenMobile, Citrix XenServer, iGel Management, Veeam Backup and Replication, Citrix Sharefile (inc On-Prem SZC), Citrix WEM, Citrix UniDesk, Citrix Cloud Services
– Tier 3 technologies: UniPrint, Ivanti AppSense, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10, Windows Active Directory AD/GPOs/DHCP/DNS, Atlantis USX, FS Logix, Mimecast, Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Microsoft Office 365 hybrid with OnPrem, Microsoft Azure, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V
*We will consider candidates who have a mix of the above depending on skills in each tier*
Hours of Work
Your normal hours of work will be 8.5 hour shifts, based between the hours of 7am and 7pm, Monday to Friday inclusive of an hours unpaid lunch break each day totalling 37.5 hours a week.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org