2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Here at Cetus, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our expanding team. Our team are constantly striving to make a difference – whatever the role – in delivering transformational IT services to UK businesses. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you can make a real difference; then we are sure you are going to love it here.
With our head office based in the heart of Salford Quays; we pride ourselves in having an energetic, and fresh office culture. With BYBO (Book You Birthday Off), competitive annual leave and regular team night outs among other benefits. We will not only invest in your development, but also provide a great, supportive environment for you to grow, develop, and fulfil your potential.
We have a lot of talented and very skilled engineers in our Technical Support Team who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and growing the Team; we all strive to learn and provide excellent service.
Details of the Role
Based in Manchester, working in our Technical Support Team, providing remote support to our broad range of customers.
The role requires an individual who can deliver quick resolutions with quality customer care, have excellent communication skills via the Phone and email, can work well as part of a team, is able to multi-task yet show grace under pressure, is able to put the customer first, has a positive attitude towards work and colleagues and enjoys working with new an evolving technologies.
• Triaging new incidents by accurately assessing impact and investigating issues in a timely manner, whilst adhering to Response SLAs and KPIs
• Owning and managing tickets both procedurally and technically within Resolution SLAs and KPIs
• Ensuring all information is clearly and accurately recorded on tickets
• Escalating tickets to 3rd parties and vendors; then proactively chasing
• Escalating tickets to internal 3rd Line Technical Support where appropriate
• Owning and managing changes to customer environments by creating Request for Changes, which include detailed and actuate information; then arranging implementation
• Owning and managing own ticket queue
• Assisting other team members
• First and foremost, you should have a good attitude; which would be a person who enjoys working with technology and is eager to learn and pick up new knowledge and skills. We often find good candidates have their own Lab at home etc
• Concise communication skills and able to give excellent customer service to our customers, with a general ethos of putting the customer first
• Good Multi-Tasker and shows grace under pressure
• Has an effective approach to troubleshooting and is a natural problem solver
• 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer should ideally have technical ability in the following: –
• Tier 1 Technologies: VMware vSphere, NetApp SAN (7mode/Cluster/MetroCluster)
• Tier 2 Technologies: Cisco/HP/Mellanox Switches/Firewall/Routers, Cisco UCS Servers, Fujitsu Servers, HP Servers, Nutanix Hyper convergence Servers (VMware, Hyper-V, Acropolis), VMware NSX, Fujitsu SAN, Juniper Firewalls, Microsoft Hyper-V
• Tier 3 technologies: CheckPoint, Trend Micro Deep Security, Trend Micro Worry Free Business
• We will consider candidates who have a mix of the above depending on skills in each tier
Hours of Work
• Your normal hours of work will be 8.5 hour shifts, based between the hours of 7am and 7pm, Monday to Friday inclusive of an hours unpaid lunch break each day totalling 37.5 hours a week
• Dependent on experience
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org